Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Sonnet

I walk into the woods to find a tree

A tree that must be tall with perfect view

A tree that must have dense leaves to hide me

To help me carry out what I will do

I reach around and clasp my climber stand

Nervous about the climb that I must make

I get into position bow in hand

Being silent because of what’s at stake

In the brush I hear a tiny sparrow

The noise makes me think I will have good luck

Noise, I quickly load a camo arrow

Underneath my tree a monstrous brown Buck

I draw back finally it is my day

The bow string snaps, the hunter has his prey

2 comments:

  1. This is pretty strong, Kevin! Some of the sound at the end could use another draft, I think. Something about "good luck" sounds just a bit off. Do you agree?

    Let's talk about this if you want.

    Good start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked reading this one in class. My family is big on hunting so I could really relate to it as well.

    ReplyDelete