Thursday, May 17, 2012

dramatic monologue


It’s a difficult life
Being under a hood
Hunted by all
For just doing good.
Steal from the rich,
Give to the poor,
Forced into this way
For loving a whore.
Is it really worth it
What I am doing
Would I reconsider
From the trouble that’s brewing.
I want to be normal
Have a family and friends,
Not just the company
Of my merry men.
Robin of Loxley
My family name.
Is what I am doing
Going to bring that name shame?
Give me a house
A farm of my own
And not have to worry
That my cover gets blown.
It is knowledge to all
My skills with a bow.
Id rather be known
For the seeds that I sew.
I’m over the hiding
Using Sherwood as cover
Id much rather be
Like my citizen brother
Id take it all back
In a moment I would.
To just be normal
And not of the hood.

1 comment:

  1. I think this is clever in places. Can you give it another look and think about what Robin Hood is actually asking for? He seems to want to be a ladies' man, right?

    Clarify this. And have fun with it.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete