Sunday, April 29, 2012

2 excercises from practice of poetry

Short narrative(164)


In the warm morning air I felt a chill.
The shock of what happened fresh in my mind,
We ran to my car thoughts racing, confusion.
What was wrong, were we really that blind.
A night full of dancing, indulging and fun.
Camping and singing once it was done.
He left in an anger, we brushed it off
The call in the morning destroyed us.
I still remember hearing those tears
Of my other best friend fall in the grass.
Sick for not seeing the hurt that he masked. 


Writing the spectrum(55)

Green
The color of woods, OU and clovers
Things I hold dear to my heart.
Memories forever in my mind can be seen
Whenever I see the color green.
Through all the seasons, something
Is there for me to fall back on,
A blissful dream,
Whenever I see the color green.




2 comments:

  1. Kevin,

    The first poem is, of course, intense. We should talk about the scenario and the best way to make it even more memorable.

    DW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the second poem about the color green. There are so many things to think of when someone names a color. I also think of OU whenever I hear the color green.

    ReplyDelete